Terms & Conditions
1. Agreement These terms and conditions form the agreement between Shine From Within (“us” “our” “we”) and our Trainees (“you” “your”). This agreement commences when you enrol in The Coterie membership program and continues until termination is made in accordance with these terms. We may update these terms and conditions at any time, at which time we will advise any current members of The Coterie.
2. Participation Requirements You agree to participate in The Coterie (including it’s private Facebook group) in good faith and in a way so as to not bring disrepute or cause reputational or other damage to Shine From Within. You agree to engage with all staff and members in a respectful manner and agree to the detailed community guidelines provided below.
3. Intellectual Property Shine From Within retains the right to all intellectual property (whether registered or not) that is created by us and you agree not to disclose, sell, share or deal with our materials in any way other than for your strict private use. Unless it’s a lesson plan we’ve shared with you, which is provided with the intention that you will in fact use it in your own workshops and programs. We encourage you to use these freely.
4. Subscription This is a monthly subscription service, where you commit to joining the membership for a minimum of 3 months. After that, you are welcome to cancel your subscription at any time. When you cancel, no refunds will be provided.
5. Waiver. Shine From Within assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information found on or material linked to on this site or in our programs, sessions or events. By joining ‘The Coterie’ you agree that Shine From Within is not liable for any success or failure of your business that is directly or indirectly related to the purchase and use of our information, products and services including ‘The Coterie’.
6. Termination This agreement will terminate automatically when you cancel your membership or we close the program (whichever occurs first). We reserve the right to terminate this agreement without notice if you fail to pay any amounts owing by the due date. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement if a breach of the terms or community guidelines occurs. We also reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the unfortunate event that we become unable to provide the services requested, in which case no future payments will be taken from your nominated card.
In order to ensure this space remains safe, supportive and enriching for ALL members – we have created the below guidelines and ground rules.
1. We do not use gendered language in the group that is non-inclusive to all people. Therefore we never say “Hi ladies/women/girls/guys” but rather choose gender-neutral language in all contexts such as “Hi everyone/mentors/folks/amazing people.”
2. Be supportive and generous: We endeavour to support, encourage and uplift other members in the group. Play your part in making this the kind of group where members feel safe in asking questions, seeking feedback and sharing vulnerabilities while trusting that you will be there to listen and support them. We don’t want members to feel left out or unsupported and hope that everyone will work together to make each other feel they are welcomed and belong.
3. Share resources: If you read an article, see a quote, watch a video or find a free resource that you think members will find helpful – please feel free to post it.
4. Ask for feedback: Feel free to ask the group for feedback and advice when you feel called. Please ensure you are specific about what exactly you want feedback on. And alternatively, if you don’t want feedback but just want to share something and be witnessed, state that too so you don’t end up with lots of unsolicited suggestions for improvement.
5. Communicate respectfully: We encourage lively conversations in this group, but please always be kind and respectful in your communications. We will not tolerate gossip, bullying, harassment, personal attacks or discrimination in this space including, but not limited to, homophobia, transphobia, queerphobia, islmophobia, ableism, racism, ageism, white supremacy, cultural appropriation, spiritual bypassing, gaslighting and requesting emotional labour from POC in the community. By joining this group we are open to learning more about these topics, especially if we are in a position of privilege such as being white and cis-gendered. This is vitally important to ensure we hold a safe space here but also in our own youth mentor activities.
6. Trust and confidentiality: Anything shared in this space is bounded by a code of confidentiality and privacy. By choosing to join this group, you choose to keep the conversations in this space signed and sealed, unless advised otherwise.
7. Behave ethically. Do not borrow, copy or steal other people’s intellectual property.
8. Personal leadership and responsibility. Information, opinions and advice shared in this group should not be considered as personally tailored professional advice. Always seek professional advice on specific, individual issues and situations as required. You are fully responsible for your own decisions, actions and wellbeing.
9. Connect and collaborate while respecting the privacy of members: Enjoy this opportunity to connect and collaborate with each other – but always be mindful of the privacy of members. Don’t spam or private message members – or add them to your own groups or newsletters – without their permission.
10. If you are selling your own lesson plan or resource in the Marketplace (our dedicated space for buying and selling with fellow members) you agree that you have the rights to sell the content, that it’s 100% your intellectual property and you sell it with complete knowledge that it will be used by the purchaser in their own programs. It may be adapted and altered in any way the purchaser sees fit and you no longer have control over how the content is used or presented once a sale is made.
Photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings and/or interviews may be made during the course/workshop and may feature the students. These may be used for a range of purposes, but principally for marketing purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, recording in-person training days, audio recordings and testimonials that may be used for brochures, newspaper articles, videos, websites and other electronic media. By joining The Coterie, you are granting permission for yourself to be photographed/videoed/interviewed on behalf of Shine From Within (or associates) and give permission for the intended uses as stated above. You also agree to release Shine From Within from any and all liability associated with the use by Shine From Within, or a third party, of the photographs/audio/video/interview as set out by this agreement.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.